A big challenge that parents, or in fact anyone who their priority is a child, is not having enough time to work out. If you are a working parent, you have very little time in a day
with these precious ones, and I know it is a struggle to chip away from this time to do your exercise. If you are a stay home parent, it might seem like you have all day with them, but between running errands, cooking, and cleaning, you will find yourself debating between play time and workout time!!!! Wouldn’t it be awesome if we could do both?????
As someone who deals with this challenge day in and day out, I decided to share my new ways of mixing playtime and workout time with everyone. I try to share those tricks as I try them with my toddler and would add videos if possible.
So here is the first one I call it “ Toddler sumo squat”.
Let’s get you excited, here is a list of muscles that you will work:
- Sumo squat works the glutes, quadriceps, hamstrings, inner thigh adductors, hip flexors and calves.
- You will also work your biceps in this workout by lifting and lowering your toddler.
- It is good for your core too, since you have to keep your core tight to maintain your balance.
Here is how it is done:
- Stand with feet a little wider than shoulder-width apart, hips stacked over knees, and knees over ankles.
- Roll the shoulders back and down away from the ears. It’s important to maintain a neutral spine throughout the movement, so you won’t hurt your lower back.
- Start by inhaling and unlocking the hips, slightly, bringing them back. Keep sending hips backward as the knees begin to bend.
- While the butt starts to stick out, make sure the chest and shoulders stay upright, and the back stays straight. Keep the head facing forward with eyes straight ahead for a neutral spine.
- At your lowest point, grab your toddler below armpits or at the waistline
- With core engaged and body weight on your heels, stand up while lifting your toddler off the ground. Make sure you keep a neutral spine and bend at the elbows.
- Do three sets of 5 with 10 Sec rest in between.
And Here is the video:
Stay happy and healthy