It is funny that my daughter gets more excited about my workouts than I do. Every day she asks me: “mommy, what workout are we going to do today?” so I have to think of something that would entertain her and at the same time I get to work my body.
Here is one of our newest creations ” push up, high fives”.
This is an easy and totally effective at home workout for moms or dads or anyone who would like to turn playtime into workout time or vise versa.
This exercise is a combination between modified burpees with the added push up in between for extra challenge. Here is how it is done:
- Get into a plank position
- Do one pushup, you can do regular or triceps push up. If you are not able to do pushup on your toes go on your knees
- Jump your feet into a wide squat or sumo squat position
- Give a high five
- Jump or step back to plank and repeat for 15 reps
Here are a few reasons you should do this exercise:
- You will burn tons of calories doing this exercise, since you are using your entire body.
- This exercise works your shoulders, core, glutes, thighs, almost every muscle in your body.
- You do not need any equipment. All you need is your body
- Supper fun and effective
Watch the video below to see how my daughter and I do this exercise together:
Stay Happy and healthy