In our quest to make exercise more fun, this week my daughter and I tried doing weighted deadlifts, using her weight instead of dumbbells. That was a lot of fun. Watch the video below to see it yourself.
But before trying it yourself lets talk about safety:
- Make sure you back is flat and you are using your hamstring to pull you up
- Just go as low as you can with perfectly straight back
- Try a few reps without your toddler to make sure your form is correct, especially if this is the first time you are doing deadlifts
- Support neck and head of your toddler with one hand
- Use the other hand to support their back
- Warm up first
Why you should try this exercise?
- Deadlifts are very effective in building your core strength, which is very important in maintaining good posture and preventing back problems
- Develops the muscles that are involved in our day to day movements
- Targets gluts and hamstring, which can be problematic areas in some of us!!
You can do this exercise for 3-4 sets of 15 reps with 30 second rest in between each rep. To make it even more fun, add a kiss to the end of each rep and a spin at the end of the exercise.
Stay happy and healthy