Tricep dips are one of the most effective tricep exercises and you do not need any fancy equipments to do this exercise. All you need is a sturdy chair. In order to make this exercise more effective and more fun, my daughter and I, decided to add her (my daughter) as extra weight on my lap. Watch the video below to see how we did it. But before the video lets talk about why this exercise is so effective and why you should incorporate it into your exercise routine.
You can do this exercise almost anywhere, no special equipment is necessary, all you need is an elevated surface. Use a park bench, the elevated side walk or a staircase, a chair, coffee table, and a lot more. In this exercise you are giving your toddler a ride while firming the back of your arms, which are trouble spots for some.
Tricep is the muscle that runs from your shoulder to your elbow on backside of your upper arm.
If this is the first time you are doing this exercise modify it. Here are few ways to modify:
- Don’t ask your toddler to lay or sit on your lap
- Don’t extend your feet all the way out. Keep them close to the chair
- Just go as low as you feel comfortable, while feeling a slight burn in your triceps
Here is how this exercise is done:
- Position your hands shoulder-width apart on a secured bench or stable chair.
- Slide your butt off the front of the bench with your legs extended out in front of you.
- Ask your toddler to lay on your lap, holding tight around your waist
- Straighten your arms, keeping a little bend in your elbows to keep tension on your triceps and off your elbow joints.
- Slowly bend your elbows to lower your body toward the floor until your elbows are at about a 90-degree angle. Be sure to keep your back close to the bench.
- Once you reach the bottom of the movement, press down into the bench to straighten your elbows, returning to the starting position. This completes one rep.
- Keep your shoulders down as you lower and raise your body. You can bend your legs to modify this exercise.
Stay happy and healthy