The good thing being a mom, you don’t need any special equipment for working out. You can turn play time into workout time very easily. You just need to be creative, and I can help with that.
For this weeks post I am going to share with you, how to do a Core rotation, using your toddler’s weight instead of cable, resistance band, or free weight.
As a bonus, I am adding a squat in between each rotation to work your glutes as well. You are putting the time in so why not work two body parts at the same time.
In fact, in this workout, your shoulders, especially the medial deltoid get challenged.
Your welcome 🙂
Here is how we did it:
- Get into the squat position and ask your toddler to stand in front of you
- Squat down, grab your toddler by waist or under arm
- Stand up, while lifting your toddler
- Rotate to the right, back to center, then rotate to the left and back to the center
- Squat down, put your child down for a second and repeat
- Repeat as many times as you can. (No magic numbers. It all depends on your strength and your toddler’s weight)
Watch the video for more visual demonstration: