Donkey kick is a great exercise for getting a round and firm booty. It is as effective in firming up your glutes as traditional lunges. I have added a crunch in between as well to get extra ab work.
You can do basic or move to an advanced version and they are both as effective. The advanced version will work your shoulders, since you will be supporting your body weight on your shoulders. advanced version will work your core even more, since you have to rely on keeping them tight and engaged in order to maintain your balance. Here is how it is done:
- Get on your hands and knees, with wrists aligned under shoulders and knees under hips.
- Drawing your abs in, lift your left leg parallel to the floor, with knee slightly bent or straight for more advanced, foot flexed, kick up.
- Bring the knee in and do a slight crunch.
- Repeat for at least 10 reps
- Switch sides.
- For advanced move: go to your toes (instead of knees) on step 1 and follow the other steps.
To make it even more fun, you can ask your toddler to join you as well. Watch the video below to see how we did it: