Wall sit is a great exercise to strengthen your quadriceps. The good thing about this exercise is that it requires minimal space and equipment. All you need is a wall, your body and gravity.
This exercise, will also help to strengthen your core specially when doing the advanced version because you have to keep your core tight in order to keep your balance.
Here is how it is done:
- Slowly slide your back down the wall until your thighs are parallel to the ground.
- Adjust your feet if you need to so that your knees are directly above your ankles (rather than over your toes).
- Keep your back flat against the wall. At this step you can ask your toddler to sit on your lap, if you feel strong enough and for added resistance.
- Hold the position for 20 to 60 seconds or as long as you can.
- Increase your hold time by five seconds as you increase your strength.
- For more advanced option: lift one leg and hold for 10 second, switch legs and repeat for 6-8 times or as many as you can.
Stay happy and healthy