If you are here, then your health is important to you and you probably have 5 minutes to spare. So lets start this workout.
Here is how this workout will go: we will be doing 5 different moves and repeat each exercise for 60 seconds, so total of 5 minutes. No equipment is necessary and you can do this workout anywhere and any time your heart desires, Just make sure you are not doing it right after a big meal.
Exercise 1: Wood choppers:
Muscle group worked: Obliques and upper abs
- Squat, and twist left to hold your hands on the outside of your left leg.
- Exhale, and lift your hands diagonally across your body, ending twist to the right with hands above your head. Pivot on your left foot as needed.
- The move is a bit percussive, so focus on the rotation initiating in your torso.
- Get back to the starting position to complete one rep.
- Optional to make the move more challenging: Hold a dumbbell in your hands and raise your left leg every time you twist to the right and lift the weight
- Repeat for 30 seconds
- Switch sides and repeat for 30 seconds on the other side
Exercise 2. Heel touches:
Muscle group worked: Obliques and abs
- Lay down with your back on the ground and your knees bent and pointed towards the ceiling.
- With your arms on your side raise your shoulders slightly off the ground.
- Using your abs rotate your right hand down to your right foot and then back up.
- Then do the same thing with your left hand.
- Alternate back and forth for 60 seconds.
Exercise 3. Standing Oblique crunch
Muscle group worked: Obliques
- Start the move by standing tall with one hand on your hip, wall or chair for balance.
- Place the opposite arm behind your head.
- Bring the elbow of the arm that’s behind your head to meet the knee of the leg on the same side of the body.
- Extend the same arm up and same leg down.
- You may choose to touch the toe to the ground for balance or keep it hovering above the ground
- Repeat for 30 seconds
- Switch to the other side and repeat for another 30 seconds.
4. Side Plank reach throughs
Muscle group worked: obliques, abdominal belt, shoulders, lower back, core, and scapula-thoracic region.
- Start by placing the right hand on the center of the platform, forming a side plank from your knees (beginner) or feet (advanced).
- Pull your body up from the floor, stacking your left leg on top of the right. Keep the side of your foot and right hand anchored while you maintain your body in a straight line.
- Point your left hand towards the ceiling with your arm straight, then rotate your torso, keeping your legs stacked, and swing your left arm down and reach it under your right arm.
- Rotating your torso back to a neutral position, bring your left hand back up towards the ceiling.
- Repeat steps for 30 seconds.
- Switch sides and repeat for another 30 seconds
5. Bicycle crunches
Muscle group worked: Abs and thighs
- Lie on the floor, Stretch your legs out straight and Place your hands behind your head
- Raise your legs, raise them so that your thighs are perpendicular to the ground, and your calves are parallel to the ground.
- Lift your head up and touch your right elbow to the left knee while pulling your knee up towards your head. At the same time, straighten your right leg, keeping it several inches off of the floor
- Now touch your left elbow to your right knee. At the same time, straighten your left leg, keeping it off of the floor.
- Repeat for 60 seconds
Watch the video below to see how we did it:
Stay happy and healthy