Get a stronger core and flatter ab with this fun and effective workout. ask your child or a partner to join you to add to the fun. As you can see in the video below, we had hard time to keep a straight face as my daughter kept forgetting which way to role and we kept rolling into each other :).
Muscle groups worked:
Abs and lower back
Here is how this exercise works:
Start with Banana:
- Lie on floor with legs together, arms extended overhead, belly button pulled in toward spine.
- Keeping head between arms, slowly raise upper body and legs off floor to form a gentle banana like curve. hold for a few second.
Roll to superman:
- lie straight and face down on the floor. Your arms should be fully extended in front of you.
- Simultaneously raise your arms, legs, and chest off of the floor. squeeze your lower back. Hold for few seconds.
Roll to Boat:
- Balance on your sit bones.
- with your core engaged lengthen through your torso and recline slightly, avoiding any rounding of your back. Extend your arms straight out in front of you, then extend your legs, creating a V-shape with your torso and legs. Breathe comfortably throughout the move. Hold for few seconds.
Repeat (roll to superman, then banana) for 5 minutes or as long as you can.
to modify banana: bend your knees slightly and keep your feet on the ground just raise upper body.
To modify superman: with legs straight keep your feet on the floor and just raise upper body.
To modify boat: keep your legs straight on the floor and slightly raise your upper body off the floor.
Watch the video below to see how we did it:
Stay happy and healthy